Saturday, March 14, 2009

Yoga Challenge, aka I Should Invest in a Gas Mask

So, it's been awhile! We have all been doing fine. Everything is pretty 'routine' and 'normal.' That is, if you can call subjecting yourself to the body odor and flatulence of strangers in an 108 degree room 'normal.' That's right, I'm doing yoga. My goal is to attend classes for 14 consecutive days at Yoga Union Community Center in Southeast Portland. Some of the classes I've been taking are hot yoga, hot flow, vinyasa, core, and yin. I am really loving it and am already feeling stronger, more energetic, and less stressed. Even though sometimes it sounds a bit like this in class:



What else is going on? Garrett is currently in Santa Fe visiting Kurt and Trix-e for Trix-e's birthday. There are friends in town from Birmingham, and it feels strange to have such a large group of Alabamians wandering around the rainy city.
Butters' weight loss plan seems to be working. He's lost 2 lbs. and is looking slimmer every day. We are so proud of him!


Butters' Current Weight: 17.4 lbs
Goal Weight: 14 lbs.

I also took a sewing class and managed to complete it without injury to myself or others, which, in my estimation, is success! Here is my beloved pillowcase:


Also - Birmingham, get ready! I am coming your way at midnight on March 23. It will have been almost a year since I saw you last, and I have missed you. Anyone and everyone who wants to hang out is encouraged to call. My number has not changed.
~Ciao bellas!




No comments: